Monday, November 12, 2007

Redemption

I feel them move deep down inside
telling me about things i should hide.
I look around to see them near
body trembling because of fear.
They hold out their arms and coax me in
beat me, scratch me, and pull me within.
fighting with all my strength to contain,
the raging demons in my brain.


looking on the outside i see me there
by myself, staring at air.
my body jolts rife with pain
I see myself going insane.
In that spot i thrash about,
i cant control it when I'm here without.
I hear my scream as a terrified victim.
I go inside now to evict them.


I know this place all to well
among other things I've called it hell.
Their cackles are a silent sound
their demon hordes come to surround.
I fight them with all of my will
its not enough and they beat me still.
My hope is being torn away
"Its all i have" i tearfully say.


I'm near the point of no return,
and now my body starts to burn.
I lay and wait to turn to ashes,
as this inhuman light burns and flashes.
I let out one last horrible scream,
then it ends this awful dream.
I open my eyes to see my Savior,
and notice I'm tattered from my behavior.


I lay in peace with his hands on my head.
I repeat in my mind the words that he said.
I feel so good that I'm soon asleep.
Christ promised that he would save his sheep.
He takes me in his warm embrace,
I never want to leave this place.
I promise to come back, He knows i will
I have more in my life that i must fulfil.


While on this journey that i begin,
i see the future and i fall again.


5 comments:

Milly said...

wow...I like that a lot

Phil Honus said...

nice job Mikey

Milly said...

I need an update!

Angie said...

i love this. its amazing.

Kathy said...

Is that what goes on inside at times, I want to rescue you